New Study Shows Laser Therapy Could Improve Teeth Sensitivity in Somerville MAMarch 23, 2019
Forty years ago, using a laser in dentistry sounded like something straight out of a movie. But today, more and more dentists now use lasers in dentistry treatments such as the removal of tooth decay, root canals and teeth whitening. Read on to learn more about laser dentistry in Summerville MA.
What Is Laser Dentistry?
A laser produces a very exact beam of concentrated laser energy that can be used to treat a wide range of dental problems. The laser sterilizes and clots blood vessels at the same time, thereby lessening the opportunity for infection.
Laser dentistry in Summerville MA can be used like a cutting instrument or tissue vaporizer for surgical procedures because it melts away tissue it comes in contact with.
The Advantages of Using Lasers in Dentistry
Like everything else, laser dentistry in Summerville MA has its pros and cons. A major pro is that patients don’t have to listen to the dreadful sound of the drill because the laser can now perform its responsibilities.
And laser dentistry is also popular among patients for other reasons.
- Use of lasers in dentistry decreases the need for local anesthesia and sedation because using a laser in dentistry typically causes less pain.
- With laser dentistry in Summerville MA, there is minimal bleeding and controlled swelling.
- The tooth’s ability to heal where deep cavities have existed is enhanced so your tooth may heal a bit faster than the average healing time.
- Cosmetic laser dentistry is an excellent solution for patients who want to refresh their smiles quickly and economically. With cosmetic laser dentistry, your dentist can whiten your teeth up to eight shades brighter in just about an hour!
- Cosmetic laser dentistry is also ideal for patients in need of dental bonding, which is used to repair minor chips, cracks or even breaks in teeth.
- Post-operative discomfort is also minimized by using a laser in dentistry procedures.
- Waiting time to finish a tooth filling is reduced as lasers are used as curing for the dental filling.
What Can Laser Dentistry Do for Your Smile?
Together, you and your laser dentist will decide which laser is right for you. Here is a quick look at some of the amazing treatments that can be completed by using laser dentistry in Summerville MA. Keep in mind that this is NOT a comprehensive list:
- Cavity removal;
- Crown lengthening;
- Root canal therapy;
- Treatment of cold sores;
- Replacing stitches (sutures);
- Detection of cavity micro-fractures;
- Gum surgery;
- Smile reshaping;
- Cutting and draining dental abscesses;
- Light activation of bleaching material;
- Composite curing.
The bottom line is that laser dentistry in Summerville MA improves healing, reduces infection and generally minimizes your time in the dentist’s chair! Call our office today to schedule a consultation so we can determine if it can be beneficial for you!